Read about day one of WIPjoy here.
My list probably resembles a lot of people’s, but so be it. The things I value …
- Jesus. My faith is really important to me. I believe knowing Jesus is the most important relationship anyone can have.
- My family. I mentioned here that we’re going through a lot right now. I’m blessed to live with my parents, and have my brother and his family nearby.
- My friends. I treasure my close friends. This will sound repetitive, but I’m blessed to have them. I have close friends from childhood, and close friends I made in adulthood. For some reason, I thought that wouldn’t happen. I didn’t expect to find kindred spirits as an adult like the ones I met in childhood. I’m glad I was wrong.
- My pets. I’m one of those people. My pets are family. I love my cats and dogs. Yes, I do call them my babies, at least to their faces. They give so much love and humor to my day. And then they turn around and make a mess. So, basically, they are like babies. Who never grow up to stop making messes and clean up after themselves.
- My books. I’m attached to the books I buy. I have a lot of the books from my childhood. Even though I doubt I’ll have kids to pass them on to, I don’t want to get rid of them. I will share them with my nephew, but I retain ownership. And then there’s all the books I’ve bought since childhood. I do actually donate or give away some of my books, but the ones I choose to keep mean something. Maybe sometime I’ll blog about all the inanimate objects that I anthropomorphize and have sentimental feelings for.